Monday, August 5, 2013

Traveling pug

Alfred The Pug is not very social yet. He is fine and friendly with people, but very confused around other dogs. He just doesn't know what to do with them and how to play. I take him to the dog run almost every day, he shows interest in dogs, but at the same time is afraid of them. That's why last week we spent in Ottawa, hoping that being around Wooster and Cida would help.
At first all 3 of them were not happy at all, and tried to kick each other asses. Alfred looked quite miserable first day:)

After some persuasion they learned  how to tolerate each other, and despite some tension left were able to keep quiet and seat together waiting for permission to eat.
 On a third day when I was teaching Alfred the "Place" command all of them were doing it at the same time, and all 3 of them would run to me afterwards to get "good boys" and a treat! We had a lot of run - like- crazy -arounds, as Cida was playing with Alfred all the time!
By Friday they shared a dog bed for a while, and Alfred and Wooster even slept together on my lap! (If Max will sent me a picture of this moment - I'll show you later!)
So he enjoyed the stay very much, learned a few things (as well as I did), and had a taste of normal dog's life.
I'm very grateful to Victor and Tatiana for hospitality and assistance, and very happy about that experience! I would love to repeat it again:)
And then it was time to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment